A few minutes after we put Elise down to bed, she always says that she has to go poo poo. We take her to the bathroom and she never needs to go, surprise surprise.
Tonight, she complained again but we decided to ignore her. She started crying, saying that she pooped in her pull-up (which she has complained about before, another stalling technique). So after about 5 minutes, Bryant went in, Elise said, "I went poo poo in my pullup!" Bryant smelled her bottom and said there was no poo poo, and then Elise cried harder. She said, "I went poo poo in my pullup! Take of my PJs! See it! See it!" and so Bry finally took off her PJs and pull up to discover that indeed, she did a small poo.
Elise REJOICED in being right. She said, "See!! I did poo poo! I told you! I did it! I went poo poo in my diaper! Sorry dada! (telling dada to say sorry). Can you forgive me? (telling dada to say this). I did a poo poo!" Then she started to get hyper knowing that she was vindicated. She proclaimed loudly, "I want to read stories!" even though she had already had storytime, but at that point, she felt invincible and thought she had the right to ask for anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment