Since daylight savings last weekend, we've been enjoying the longer days. Elise spends a lot of the later afternoons playing outside with our neighbor's kids. It's so cute watching them play together. They have a son that is Elise's age as well as a boy that is about 6ish and a girl who is about...8? Not sure. The girl's name is Gabby and Elise adores her. During dinner today, Elise asked, "Where did Gabby go? (she's eating dinner) What is she eating?"-- at least 20 times! I told her that she could play with Gabby tomorrow and she's already looking forward to it. We are so thankful to have such great next-door neighbors, especially since we share the same lot. We just close the front gate and let the kids run around.
Now that we're outdoors more, we love our house even more, if that is even possible. It is so conducive to kids playing outside with many different areas to play-- backyard, front yard, driveway, etc. This house is truly one of the biggest blessings of our lives. We've enjoyed having friends over, hosting life group, hosting parties, and having a place for the kids to run around. At some point, we are hoping to get a gas grill and string lights in our backyard so that we can enjoy some summer bbqs!
Sounds amazing!! One thing I dislike about living in our city is that neighborhood kids don't really play together right outside their homes because the streets are too busy and the yards are all separated by fences. But at least we have so many parks and waterparks I suppose! I like the idea of having neighborhood kids playing together right outside your door though. I'll have to move to a cul-de-sac next time ; )
ReplyDelete