Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sick Baby

Elise has been sick the past week.  Nights were torture because she woke hourly due to coughing fits and needed to be sleeping at an angle.  So, for most of the week, she slept while propped up on my stomach or shoulder because it was the only way I could quickly reposition her when she would inevitably roll off.  I'm thankful that Elise has been healthy for the most part but man, what am I going to do when she goes to preschool this fall and gets sick constantly?  I don't know how parents do it.  What a rough week.  Oh, and both Bry and I are sick now!

Anyway, I've been meaning to write down the full list of words Elise can say.  So far, we have:
Mama
Dada
Mommy
Wawa (water)
Duck
Dog
Ball
All Done (duh!  with the sign)
Hi
Bye
Neh-Neh (nursing)
Baby
That
Amen (while clasping her hands)
Bubble
Poo-poo
Pee-pee
Shhhh (be quiet)
Up-up (puh-puh)
Row row (for row row row your boat)
Yeah (with phone next to her ear)
Mouth
Bib

OK, that's 23 words at 13.5 months, most of which she learned this past month!  She can sign for a bunch of other words, too, but I think she prefers talking over signing.  I am just loving the toddler stage! 

1 comment:

  1. ugh i know the feeling. baby and i have been sick to varying degrees for 2 months now. i think he keeps catching stuff at daycare and he only goes 1 day a week, but that's all you need to pick up a bad cold! luckily jared's escaped the first 2 colds but he got the 3rd one. it's only going to get worse with preschool, you're right : (

    ReplyDelete