Monday, February 25, 2013

Mickey Mouse: The Obsession

Elise is OBSESSED with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in a serious way. It's bad. Really bad. I've tried to expose her to a number of different shows including signing time, Elmo, Barney, Korean cartoons, etc. I know the American Pediatrics Association recommends no TV for kids under 2 but there are a few times when I really need a few moments to myself to get something done. Anyway, for whatever reason, she just LOVES Mickey Mouse. She thinks "mouse" is the same as "mouth", so whenever she wants to see it, she points to her mouth and says "mou". It's been nearly a week now since her obsession started and she probably begs for "mou" at least once an hour. As soon as she wakes up (while Bry and I are still sleeping), we can hear "mou! mou! mou!". At some point, I just forbid it with the hope that she would forget about it but it didn't work. So today, I tried to let her watch it as much as she wanted with the hope that she would get sick of it. That didn't work, either. Oh, and I should mention that I haven't even introduced her to the show--- only to the opening song. I don't want her to know that a long storyline exists just yet. ;) At least the opening song is only a minute and a half long. Today, she probably watched it at least 40 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment