Elise is at the stage where she understands that talking communicates her ideas and desires. However, she is constrained by her limited vocabulary and it is really entertaining seeing her try to express herself using these words. Sometimes, I can tell that she wants to converse with me and so she will start using every word she knows just so that I can respond to her. For example:
Elise: Wawa
Me: Oh, do you want your Wawa?
Elise: (nodding) yeah.
Me: (give her her water)
Elise: (doesn't even take a sip). Mama.
Me: Yes?
Elise: Neh-neh (nursing)
Me: OK. (Pick her up to nurse. She nurses for like 1 second.)
Elise: Dada.
Me: Do you want to see dada?
Elise: (nodding) yeah.
Sometimes when she really gets hyper and wants to talk, she starts making up words. She says "boppy" and "dadoo" a lot. I have to guess what it is that she is saying and she either says "yeah" or shakes her head no until I get it right.
No comments:
Post a Comment