Elise loves going to see the doctor and the nurse. She had a circle-ish rash (turned out to be ringworm) and so we took her to our new local urgent care center. She was so excited and kept asking me, "Is the nurse going to give me a sticker?" She had to use the potty at home but insisted that she wanted to go at the hospital. When the nurse did all the vitals, Elise was smiling the whole time. She just loved it.
While we were waiting for the doctor, she saw a stack of hospital gowns for kids and she kept asking me if she could wear one. I told her that she could ask the doctor, which I didn't think she would do because she gets so shy with strangers. But when he walked in, she said, "I want to wear that". That is the boldest I've ever seen her with a stranger, haha. He asked her what color and she boldly said, "The blue one" (she loves blue).
One trait that she has definitely inherited from me is her adventurous spirit, which is basically translated into her darting off in every which way direction in a foreign place. Wherever we go, she just takes off running and wants to explore. Total crazy-making. The funny thing is that I was the same as a child and would drive my mom crazy, too. Threats, punishment, or even getting lost does not work.
E is the same way right now...I will wave bye bye and walk away out of sight even and he just waves and walks in the opposite direction . A little annoying!! He just wants to run away and explore the forested areas.
ReplyDelete