Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Tag Inside the Cookie

Elise was just describing her Panda Express experience to Mommy:  "There was a cookie, and I broke it, and there was a tag inside!"

After dinner, I (Bry) took her to the Lacy Park playground in San Marino, which Elise knows as the "Fancy Playground"...not to be confused with the Shadow Playground (where she first discovered her shadow) or Pirate Playground (at the Rose Bowl Aquatic Center), Kidspace Playground (outside of Kidspace Museum) or NanaBaba playground (to which Nana and Baba first took her).

There is a high "treehouse," accessible by a rope ladder and with a long curving slide descending from it.  I carried Elise up there and did it with her once, and after that she was determined to do it herself, which was clearly not a good idea.  When I dragged her kicking and screaming off of the rope ladder, twice, and she was crying, I tried to explain that she could do it herself when she was four.  I asked, "how old are you now, Elise?"  With a sly smile on her face, she said, "Four!" and counted with her fingers "One, two, three, four."


No comments:

Post a Comment