Saturday, May 10, 2014

nap time

Elise still hadn't gone to sleep at 3:30 today, despite being very tired, so I (Bry) drove her around in the car.  Mar wanted me to pick her up a drink at "Old McDonald's" to get her through her grading, so Elise and I went to the drive through.  Elise loves the playground there (I went with her earlier this week) and when she saw it, she said "What is this place?!" knowing perfectly well what the answer was.

We proceeded to drive around, and she hung on for a good 15 minutes before falling asleep.  She kept asking me, "Where are we goning?" and "Where is Mommy and Daddy's house?"  I tried to explain to her that we would go home after she fell asleep, but I don't think she liked that answer.

After dinner, we went to Pirate Playground by the Rose Bowl and she was lusting after the Frozen balloons at some kid's birthday party.  I think someone saw her, because 5 minutes later they came and handed me all 5 gigantic Frozen balloons.  Elise just stood there in disbelief.  Then, after thinking for a few seconds, said, "I want to go show Mama!"

Just now, as I'm sitting here on the couch, Elise said "Bye" and told me she is going to Soupantation.  I told her not to eat any ice cream there, since she already had some, and she replied, "Old McDonald's has ice cream there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment