Thursday, March 21, 2013

Midnight Playtime

Elise has been sick again and so she's been waking herself up at night with her coughing.  However, when she wakes up, she just wants to play.  She skipped dinner last night because she was so tired (short nap) and then she woke up at 1 AM begging for bread.  Worried that she was really hungry, I took her out and gave her bread.  She rejected it.  Then she asked for an orange.  I peeled it and gave it to her.  She wouldn't even take one piece.  Then she asked for crackers.  At that point, I tried to put her back to bed.

It was clear she wouldn't sleep and she kept asking to look at our wedding photos- her new favorite hobby.  We have our wedding photos framed by our room and she loves pointing out all the people.  Dada, Mama, Nana, Mi (for Hami), Mo (for Eemoh for Grace and Esther), Dee (for Auntie for Lindsay and Andrea). She'll learn Grandpa and Habi soon enough! 

Today, I bought a little flip photo album and am going to insert photos of all the important people in her life.  However, I can't let her see it when she's away from us because one time when my mom was watching Elise, she saw a photo of Bryant and became inconsolable crying "Dada....Dada..." and holding the photo.  




1 comment:

  1. Ooo, thanks for the reinforcement Margaret. Maybe she'll know me the next time I see her :) It's looking like I will probably be able to visit in June when you are stopping over in Michigan. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete