As Bry posted, we found our dream home. We are definitely not in any kind of position to buy but now that I have a job lined up and we are settling here, we can start making some long-term plans. Ironically, all of our younger married sisters have bought homes fairly recently! We've always been happy to live in a small apartment but ever since becoming parents, we've been daydreaming about what it would be like to have an actual house with a yard.
So one of my irrational hobbies is to look up homes on Redfin. Irrational because it will be years before we can save a Los Angeles-style down payment. I came across an amazing home within a reasonable (for LA) price range and so we decided to check out the open house today. It was swarming with people and we overheard someone saying that it was the most crowded open house they've ever been to. I guess we are not the only ones who thought this was a dream home, too.
Here is the best thing about the house: the amazing VIEW! The home is perched on the hills of Altadena and you really feel like you've been swept away to another world. This picture does not do it justice. It is just breathtaking. OK, so now I will be daydreaming about this home for years to come. Sigh.
Here's more info about the house: http://www.redfin.com/CA/Altadena/4040-Canyon-Dell-Dr-91001/home/7253330

Wow love all the windows!! And the outdoor space is spectacular. That garage definitely isn't a Michigan weather style garage though ; )
ReplyDelete