Elise's favorite toy, by far, is our wooden swing-- just a block of wood tied to rope on a tree. The fact that she can stand on it and do things that normal swings can't do (twist it, rotate it 360 degrees, etc.) gives endless possibilities for fun. These days, she goes on it everyday and spends at least half an hour playing on it until she's out of breath and her face flushes. It's a major workout for her and I'm so glad we have it!
Today, I was one of the teachers in her Sunday school class and it is so fascinating to see how unique each kid's personality is, even at such a young age. In this class, there are about 15-20 two-year olds and 4 teachers. The teachers are on a rotation and so I see these kids every 3 months and serve one month at a time. It's pretty neat to see how each kid changes every few months and basically develop more as an individual, especially since I knew most of them as babies. But one thing that has become very clear is that there is a HUGE difference between boys and girls. With the exception of maybe one of two boys, the rest of the boys were so wild, aggressive, and defiant. NONE of the girls (at least 10 of them) were like this and most of them were quite eager to please the teachers. You could tell the well-behaved boys are probably just wired this way, too. I know that all the parents are great parents. This nature-nurture thing...so interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment