Monday, September 29, 2014

In the classroom

Ack, I keep falling out of the blogging groove even though so many cute things happen everyday!

Just wanted to quickly write-in to say that I came to an important epiphany last night.  I used to always think Elise had the shortest attention span because she never plays with a single toy or activity for long.  I have a friend with a toddler who has amazing attention and focus and because Bry and I are not around a lot of toddlers, we just assumed that was the norm.

Well yesterday at Sunday school, I realized that she actually has great attention, at least in a classroom setting.  Some of the other teachers comment to me what a great student she is and it wasn't until yesterday that I realized that she actually is one of the best listeners in the class.  She focuses intently on what's going on in the class, raises her hand to participate (thank you Ms. Gina!), and is rarely distracted.  This was a major realization for me yesterday!  Who knows what kind of student she'll be later in a school setting, but I am so relieved to know that I can put my irrational worries to rest about her short attention span.  :)  (Because, let's be honest, I have major ADD-ish tendencies and I was anxious that she inherited them).

Here are a few photos from her church class. 




No comments:

Post a Comment