Saturday, September 6, 2014

Coffee

Elise typically wakes up an hour into her nap and needs to be quietly comforted back to sleep in order to get to the next hour.  If you don't catch her at the right window, then she's up for the day.  Today, when I went in and patted her, she quickly grabbed her nose like something was wrong.  She did a couple sniffs and was like, "Coffee.  There's coffee in my nose" and kept sniffing.  I just had a cup of coffee but didn't want to say anything because I didn't want her to get too stimulated.  Finally she was so intrigued by the sudden coffee smell in her room that she woke up for good and kept asking me why she smelled coffee (which I typically only drink in the mornings).  When I told her that I just had some coffee, she was like, "oooooooh...." and then she said, "mama, tell me a joke".  I asked her where she learned that (the concept of joke) and she said, "Prince Wednesday" (from Daniel Tiger).

Bry and Elise left to go to a Dodger game now.  They're taking the train there and Elise is soooooo excited!  Glad Bry has a baseball buddy because I am so not a fan of baseball games!

No comments:

Post a Comment