Kidspace has a free admission night once a month and we took advantage of it today. We used to have a membership because they have a cute baby/toddler room where a LOT of parents hang out. They totally remodeled the room and Elise definitely noticed even though we haven't gone in months. She kept saying, "Kidspace changed" and kept asking where the monkey was.
The rest of Kidspace is probably best for kids age 4 and up but of course Elise tries to hang with the big kids. There is one exhibit that is like an underground ant hole which involves going downstairs and climbing up a pretty long, dark, and narrow ant hole. It is pitch black except when a light shines on a scary 3 foot ant every 10 seconds. Apparently, Elise went up it with Bryant with no problem. One worker even commented to Bryant that he found it hilarious that a little 2 year old was passing by all the big kids and showing them how to do it. When I got there, I decided to go with her and when we got underground, there were all these big kids psyching themselves out and some were too scared to go up. Elise very confidently went in but when I went in with her, you could tell that she was REALLY scared of the huge ant. She kept one eye on it the whole time and whenever the light blinked, she got pretty scared. But I think she really likes the adrenaline rush and even the fear factor. When we got out, she screamed, "WE DID IT TOGETHER!!!" We went up 2 more times. I mostly went up with her because some of the other kids were being pretty rough. Some of them were like 10 years old!
Oh man, she said so many other hilarious things but I can't remember! I sit down to type, thinking that I'm going to jot down all these funny things, but it's so hard to remember it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment