Friday, June 20, 2014

Frozen Songs

We have this 3-CD set of kids songs that we've been playing in the car ever since Elise was a baby.  It basically contains every popular kids song and she's heard each song what feels like a million times.  She sings along and she always requests it when we start driving.

Cue: Frozen

Now that she knows about The Frozen, she sings Frozen songs ALL day EVERY day.  She sings them when she wakes up and she sings them as she's falling sleep.  These are really the only songs she's ever really sung outside of the car.  What's funny is that I know a lot of other kids are like this and there have been times when we're at Target or something and I can hear other kids singing Frozen songs, too.  One time, Elise said to me, "Lucas said no more Let It Go" (Lucas is a boy in her class).  I've seen his older sister walking around with a little toy that plays Frozen music and so he's probably really sick of it...only to hear the girls in his class singing the songs.

I want to introduce another movie with good songs but a lot of them have scary scenes that would probably freak her out (like Little Mermaid).  Maybe I can try Beauty and the Beast?

No comments:

Post a Comment