So the Frozen reign is over and has now been replaced by Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, which is apparently the reincarnation of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood in cartoon form. It's perfect for her age and she really internalizes what she learns. Recently, she has been talking about wanting to take ballet classes, which I think she learned from this show since there is a character named Katerina with a tutu. She's been asking EVERY DAY to take ballet classes and even said today, "But all my friends are doing ballet classes!" I have no idea where she could have learned that!!
So it never crossed my mind to enroll my child in ballet (I prefer sports or art) but now that she's begging for it, I'm looking into classes. Crazy. I showed her some Youtube videos of little girls doing ballet and she was mesmerized.
It is seriously crazy how girly-girl Elise is. She has worn her flower girl dress everyday this week...as soon as she wakes up!
All week at the cottage : "I'm a ballerina. Elliott is not a ballerina. Only girls are ballerinas. Boys are handsome"
ReplyDeleteHahahahaha!!! I haven't heard that yet. I should probably take her to the ballet. Maybe a high school production...she'll never know the difference.
DeleteOh, just realized that I went to a special arts high school where ballet shows were the norm. Maybe our local high school will not have major ballet productions...
Delete