Friday, April 11, 2014

Where's Dada?

Sorry for all the posting (to all 3 of you reading this), but this is more of my own personal journal to record all the new things Elise is saying and doing.  Now that she's so verbal, I want to record as much as possible, but still feel like I am only able to remember like 20% of it.  I read several months worth of entries the other night and I couldn't remember things that happened like 3 months ago.  Like I barely had a recollection of it.

Anyway, Elise LOVES reading books together and a lot of them feature the main character and the mom.  Now whenever we read books like that, she always says, "where's her dada?" and is really concerned about it.  There is definitely a major mom bias in children's books!

Her favorite books are "Hug" and "Yes" in the Bobo monkey series.  These books are so simple (with no words) but they play into a child's biggest life dramas (missing mommy and getting timeout due to not going to sleep).  I found another Bobo book, "Tall", and decided that the mama would in fact be a dada.  So now Bry reads the books to Elise and Bobo now has a daddy.  She loves it and does the cute Elise smile with nose crinkle that she gets from her dad (and nana!).  She totally looks like nana when she smiles like that.  :)

Every month truly gets better.  I wonder when it starts to plateau.  4?  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment