Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I'm not crying

I regularly ask Elise if she likes school, to which she always responds with an emphatic yes.  I just need to check in to assuage myself of my ongoing mom guilt.  :)  Anyway, here was our conversation today:

Elise: (playing with her hippo) Hippo, don't cry!  It's OK!  You want to see your mama?
me: Where is Hippo's mama?
Elise: Hippo's mama is at her house.  Hippo is at school.
me: Do you like school?
Elise: Yes, I like school.  My friends cry because they want to see their mama.  I'm not crying! 
me: Awww.  Who cries?
Elise: Russell, Leah, Charles, Isla (she says these names very quickly), ummm....  They cry.  They're sad.
me: Are you sad at school?
Elise: No!  I'm not sad!  I'm not crying!!

She says it is in the funniest way and Bryant and I are dying of laughter.

I'm not sure when this started but Elise is constantly talking now.  Constantly.  And she wants us to actively engage with her.  If we just respond with "okay" or "uh-huh", she gets upset and says, "No okay!  No uh-huh!" because she knows that we are not giving her our full attention.  So now I've reached a new level of tiredness because now we suddenly have this 3rd person in our house that I have to interact with rather than just take care of.  From the moment she wakes up to the moment she goes to sleep, it's just constant chitter-chattering.

Another funny story (of course there are way more but I can't remember them)...

The weather has suddenly become quite warm.  Yesterday, Bryant and I both changed into shorts when we got home and Elise thought it was the funniest thing.  She kept saying, "You're not wearing any pants!" and starts cracking up.  I guess she always sees me wearing either work clothes or yoga pants, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment