Sunday, December 1, 2013

Elise's ducky prize

Elise advanced to the intermediate class for her swimming lessons and to commemorate the moment, the swim center gave her a certificate and let her pick out a prize (a small rubber ducky).  Elise was SO proud of herself!  Despite the fact that Elise has at least 5 rubber duckies, she held onto this ducky the entire day.  At one moment, we were dancing to Christmas music, and she said "ducky, too!" and ran and grabbed her ducky and had it dance with her.  She hung Christmas ornaments and said, "ducky, too!" and tried to make the duck have the privilege of hanging the ornament.

Switching gears, we experienced one of the scariest moments of our lives yesterday.  This is so hard for me to even type.  We were at Target in the customer service area, and I sat down with Elise on a bench (Bryant was standing by us).  In a split second, she tried to climb over the bench, which happened to be on a 3rd story balcony, and while I was able to immediately catch her, Bryant and I saw in our minds what could have happened in the worst case scenario.  I basically had an emotional breakdown and couldn't stop crying.  I still feel pretty traumatized.  We stayed home from church and just spent family time together.  We had to return something to Target and just the idea of going to that customer service area again gives me major anxiety, so I had to ask Bryant to do it.  Anyway, I just want to put this experience behind us but please pray for me when you get a chance.  I could use some peace!

Also, sorry that we are not really posting pictures and videos here.  Everything gets automatically uploaded to our flickr site now.  I'm assuming only family is reading this, but if you'd like the password, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment