Monday, December 23, 2013

Elise the boss

One of Elise's favorite phrases is "no, my turn."  She has to do everything by herself which is a typical toddler trait of asserting independence and sense of control in an otherwise chaotic world.  Some examples from today:

- during lunch, Elise would not eat her food and so Bryant tried feeding her a spoonful.  After chewing for a few seconds, she realized the act of unacceptable dependence that had just occurred, spit out the food, said "no my turn", and then re-ate the food with her own spoon.

- right before nap time, she asked for her "birthday bear" and so we all tried looking for it.  She told us it was in the living room and went there to look for it.  I eventually found it in her room and she became exceptionally upset.  She screamed, "No!  Elise found it in living roooooom!!"  I had to surreptitiously throw it in the living room and let her have the privilege of locating it.  Once she found it, she beamed with pride saying, "I found it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment