Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Oh, Toddlerhood

Ever since I weaned Elise, her mood has shifted, and she's becoming more whiny and sensitive.  We're not full on in terrible 2s yet but just in this last week, she threw some of her first (relatively calm) tantrums.  I'm still waiting for the inconsolable screaming, thrashing, kicking legs variety.  Anyway, she had her first tantrum in a public place today, and of course it was at the Target checkout line because she wanted a pink headband (which we did not buy her).  Usually she is OK when I tell her no to things, but she was really upset this time.  I read somewhere that tantrums are usually due to the kid being either tired or hungry, and since it was 5:45, she was probably hungry.  Lesson learned.

At Target, she looooooved looking at the Christmas trees and hanging various ornaments on them over and over and over again.  Bry and I have decided to get a small real tree this year since she will probably be obsessed with hanging ornaments on it.  I bought 4 little stuffed animal ornaments at Target and she adores them.  Hopefully, we can score a good fake tree during after Christmas sales.  Those suckers are expensive!  

By the way, Bryant is putting Elise to bed right now and after a few minutes of quiet, presumably as she is falling asleep, she all of a sudden screams, "THANK YOU JESUS FOOOOR....TOBY!"  And now I hear her thanking Jesus for all of her different friends and teachers. 

Our plan is to have her sleep in her own room sometime in December.  She is also going to potty-train then, too, at the request of her teacher.  I would actually like to put off potty training as long as possible (since I love the convenience of diapers) but she has been begging to use the potty.  A few weeks ago, she saw one of her friends using the potty at church and she begged to try it.  The following Sunday, while Bryant was helping with Sunday School, she asked him for the potty, and when he put her on, she was sooooo excited.  Here she is, so READY to use a big girl potty.


No comments:

Post a Comment