Tuesday, November 12, 2013

New phrases

Elise is talking up a storm and saying new phrases everyday.  Some from yesterday:

Grace was over and as she was saying bye, Elise ran to her jacket and said, "You have to get your jacket".

She's starting to share mini stories like, "I went swimming with dada in the pool.  Mama took a picture.  I wear baby soup (bathing suit)."

Now instead of saying "no", she'll say "I don't want" preceded by whatever is that she doesn't want.  Almost everyday, she does not want to change out of her PJs in the morning or change into her PJs at night.  "I don't want to wear PJs".  She hates changing her clothes.  She really puts up a fight.

She helped make corn mini-muffins yesterday.  She saw me making them and became very insistent about wanting to help, since she made them in her class.  She stirred the batter and poured it into the pan one spoonful at a time.  She loved it!  I may designate this task to her every time even though it can get kind of messy.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment