Thursday, November 7, 2013

At the doctor's office yesterday

We were at the pediatrician's office yesterday and within the 45 minutes we were waiting in the office, Elise managed to: 
  •  slap 2 boys in the face
  • climb a table
  • scream "hello!" 100 times at the top of her lungs because the office was so quiet
  • talk to every grandpa about her dora bandaids (she loves grandpas) whether he welcomed it or not
  • lie down repeatedly in the middle of the floor saying "Elise go to sleep" and lose all muscle control whenever I tried to pick her up so she became 1000 pounds 
She is quite the active child.  At her school halloween party, out of her class of 12, she was the only one dancing and singing like crazy to all the songs.  The teacher would say, "ok, let's dance!" and all the kids would just sit and stare but Elise would say "yeah!",  jump up, and start dancing.  She was also the only kid who did not cry.  For whatever reason, all the kids started crying once their parents arrived.  Maybe they were confused by the break in routine.  Right when we got there, Elise had a very confused look on her face for a long time and perhaps she was close to breaking down, too, but she managed to hold it together.  The whole morning was just very hilarious.

So far, she is still a very happy and easy-going kid.  Bryant and I are so thankful.  I also finally weaned her from breastfeeding during this past weekend while I was in Texas for a conference.  So far, she is taking it much better than I had anticipated, but I can still tell that she is sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment