Wednesday, December 5, 2012

more childcare changes. :(

Elise's babysitter informed me yesterday that her daughter (my church friend) is resigning from her job in January, which means that Elise's childcare situation will have to change once again.  I have the option of continuing with this babysitter if I drop Elise off at her home, which is about 15-20 minutes away.  I am really sad about this.  Elise has already changed childcare once and I hate to have to do it again.  Her first babysitter had to quit after a few months and now her second one is changing again.  Elise is also really bonded to Olivia, her 3 year old granddaughter and I'm sad to change that.  I registered her at Lake Ave preschool today, which starts in July.  I hate to have Elise go through so many transitions in such a short period of time.  I guess this is the risk you take when you go with a non-established daycare.  

Last night, I had a nightmare that Elise was playing on the beach and I was away from her, but close enough to see her.  I saw a black tsunami like thing about to engulf her and I knew I didn't have enough time to rescue her.  I know it was just a dream but I am really shaken up by it today.  Clearly, this nightmare is a result of last night's sleep training and possibly the daycare change.  I am feeling really horrible today and sick to my stomach about everything.  I know in the grand scheme of things, these are absolutely minor things, but it is really wrecking with my emotions. 


2 comments:

  1. oh, sorry about the changes! and about the sleep. obviously i cannot relate, but i can only imagine. hang in there, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww how sad :(( I need me some Elise time. I will be pretty free after tomorrow's concert. What is she doing this Saturday?? :)

    ReplyDelete