Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was brought to a new level this year as we reflected on how BLESSED we are to have Elise in our lives.  I just get teary-eyed thinking about this past year and how we have already created what seems like a lifetime of memories in such a short period of time.  We celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday with both my mom's and dad's sides of the families.  Elise, of course, was just hamming it up.

Today was a great day consisting of napping, hiking, shopping, and more gluttonous eating.  I was feeling extra tired when I woke up this morning and so I managed to nap with Elise for 1.5 hours.  Can I just say that napping with my baby is one of my absolute favorite things to do in the world?  Elise usually naps for an hour max but when she naps with me, she usually sleeps between 1.5 and 2 hours.  I think I nap longer, too, when I'm cuddling with her.  :)

Bry and Elise then went on a short hike at Eaton Canyon while I was able to take care of some things, including, basically dismantling my closet in order to search for my only nice suit for my interview on Monday!  My interview for APU is at 8 AM.  Please pray for me!!!!  :)

We also decided to check out some Black Friday sales in Old Town.  We both scored some good deals at Banana (Bryant) and Madewell (me).  Madewell just opened in Pasadena and I LOVE this store!

We then walked on over to Cheesecake Factory to use some of our gift certificate money there.  Elise started to act really fussy after we sat down and then we realized that it was somehow 7 pm- her bedtime!  We totally lost track of time!  We got the food to-go, hurried home, fed her dinner of pureed carrots, peas, corn, and green beans and put her to bed.  She was acting kind of cutely delirious.  She fell asleep by 7:50- the latest she has ever gone to bed.

The definite highlight of the day, and perhaps the weekend, is that she now knows how to POINT TO HER NOSE!  Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is a major development in the Mathews household!  After learning how to point to her head, I focused on teaching her where her nose is.  While she has done it maybe once or twice, she now points to her nose consistently, and with much aplomb.  You should have seen me and Bryant, we were going crazy!

Here are a few Thanksgiving pics.  We tried to take photos for her birthday invitation and it is so hard to get one photo of her looking into the camera and smiling.  I just went with an older photo with our messy house as a background for the card.  Oh well! 










Getting into trouble on Thanksgiving







I can point to my nose!!!







1 comment:

  1. happy thanksgiving! she is too adorable. i think she looks like a perfect blend of you and bryant. so fun to read your thoughts on being a mom.

    ReplyDelete