Saturday, November 10, 2012

Another perfect Saturday



I've been meaning to explore the gentrifying and artsy neighborhood of Atwater Village, which is about a 15 minute drive away.  We had breakfast at Proof Bakery, rated as the top bakery in all of Los Angeles, according to Eater LA.  We enjoyed munching on flourless pumpkin torte, gingerbread souffle, and a kale gruyere and apricot quiche.  YUM.  However, they had no highchairs there so we'll never be going back!

We walked around the hipster neighborhood and happened upon the hipster-iest hipster grocery store called the "Atwater Village Farm".  After our walk, Bry had a doctor's appointment, so Elise and I continued our explorations in nearby Silverlake.  We went to my favorite kid's consignment store, which carries many designer stuff (left empty-handed).  I could care less about fashion myself but I love designer baby clothes- eek!  We also enjoyed window-shopping along Sunset and sampling fruits at the Farmer's Market.  I wore her in the Ergo the entire 2+ hours.  I'm realizing that I MUCH prefer the Ergo over the stroller. 

We also stumbled across some free puppies!  I think Elise wanted to take one home.


After napping at home, we then hung out with our neighbor/friend Renske.  Elise loved exploring every nook and cranny of Renske's apartment.  I basically babyproofed Renske's apartment while we were hanging out-- carefully removing any fragile objects 3 feet and below.

Sleep training is going well.  The last 2 nights, Elise went down with no tears.  Yay!  I think a lot of it has to do with her age.  I can tell that she is much more mature now and knows that bedtime means sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment