So...I'm the sickest I've ever been in my life! It feels like a combination of the flu plus the stomach flu and I've been ben-ridden and miserable! I was finally able to get out of bed for the first time all week yesterday. Bryant has a much milder version of what I have, mostly a sore throat and body aches.
Anyway, rewind a few months ago where a new health food/smoothie shop called SunLife Organics opens in Pasadena. On opening day, everything was free, so Bry and I indulged in some totally overpriced smoothies we would have otherwise never purchased. I got the Wolverine which has the following: Banana, raw almond butter, dates, coconut, maca, raw cacao, bee pollen, royal jelly, almond milk...and it is $9!! Bryant got another similarly fancy drink that was $13. The whole time we talked about how crazy people are to spend that much money on these drinks.
OK, back to present time and I have been hardcore craving that Wolverine smoothie this entire sickness. I was too embarrassed to ask Bryant to get one for me but finally today, since I was out running an errand, I bought one. Here's our conversation when I got home:
Me: You're going to judge me. I've been craving that drink from that SunLife place and so I caved and bought one. (sheepish grin)
Bryant: What? I've been craving it, too! I thought about going to buy one. Why didn't you ask me?
Me: What?? I didn't think to ask because I thought you were going to get upset that I spent $9 on a drink.
Bryant: I really want one now. I wanted the one that I had before.
Me: The really expensive one???
Bryant: Yeah, it was so good. I need it for my sore throat.
Ok this whole conversation is so random but I found it hilarious and wanted to jot it down. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment