Thursday, January 16, 2014

Reprimanding Mommy

Elise is in full-on conversation mode now.  She busts out with at least 3 new phrases everyday.  I think she would talk more, however, if she watched TV.  Since dismantling the PBS app on my phone, she now doesn't watch any TV at all.  I don't mind TV, but it's the incessant begging of shows that drives me crazy, so I like that we just stopped cold turkey.

Anyway, yesterday I made a mommy mistake and Elise made me have it.  When I picked her up from school yesterday, she had one of her daily art pieces, a paper with blue crayon scribbles all over it.  She has 2847837539 of these and can make 10 of them in 1 minute if we let her.  Anyway, when I picked her up, she showed me and said, "I want to show dada" like she always does.  Later that evening while I was cleaning up, I threw away the paper.  When she later went to throw something away, she saw the paper and became alarmed and yell, "Mommy, did you throw away my paper?!"  I said yes and she said, "Say sorry!!"  She then came over to me, started petting me gently and said, "Sorry....sorry mama".  (She was teaching me how to apologize).

After I apologized profusely, she said, "I'm going to tell dada".  She ran to him and said, "Dada!  Mama threw away my school paper!"  Bryant acted disappointed and then Elise made me apologize again.  We made a big show of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment