I officially have baby fever! Just a month ago, the idea of caring for another infant sounded like pure torture but somehow with the start of the new year, something inside me just clicked. We can't even start thinking about getting pregnant until next YEAR and so I will just have to enjoy all of my friends who are now pregnant or have newborns. I don't want to be pregnant until I'm done with my PhD, I'm more settled in my career, and my body is totally healthy again (haven't gone to the gym in 2 years). That and I've always wanted a 4ish year gap between two kids (for many reasons). For one thing, that means less double daycare we'd have to pay for!
One reason why I'm even entertaining this idea is that parenting has gotten really easy. Elise is so sweet and independent now! Another funny story as a follow up to the my previous post...
Today, Elise asked to see her church art paper she made today and I very guiltily told her I threw it away.
She had a look of shock on her face and she said incredulously, "You threw away my church paper?!"
I said yes.
She then said, "Remember, you threw away my school paper, too?!!"
I apologized profusely and I actually retrieved the church paper from the trash since there were only a few scraps of paper in there. I've learned that I can't throw away of her artwork until she has fully forgotten about it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment