Today, when Bryant dropped her off she cried again. So I was kind of nervous all morning. I picked her up at noon again, and she seemed happy again! Ms. Gina said that she only cried for a few minutes and then went to go play. She also didn't want to go home and wanted to stay at school. I really didn't think it would be this easy.
Elise is super social and loves being stimulated by new things. The school has a pretty active curriculum, including dance, music, story time, art, snack, and playtime. I think she loves it! You could tell she was so proud of her first art project, a blue whale with a big stick-on eye. She wouldn't even let me hold it initially.
Elise is really spunky, giggly, energetic, and curious. I see her compared to other kids her age and it is really neat to see how her uniqueness is emerging. She is definitely not a wallflower. A part of me keeps wondering what she is going to be like when she is older but I also want to fully appreciate each moment now because it is already flying by so quickly.
Here's a snapshot of her daily report.

Cute!! Just out of curiosity, do ppl in cal start kids earlier in preschool than we do? We have "mommy time off" stuff where you can take your kid however many mornings per week you want and they "teach" them there, but its marketed toward SAHMs as a time off thing vs a preschool. We'd call it preschool at more 2.5/3ish years old I think. Jw if that's different from out there!
ReplyDeleteHey Linds,
ReplyDeletePeople here do a variety of things...nanny, home day care, or "preschool." I think it might be more structured from 9am-12, and then maybe more like free play in the afternoons? Not sure yet, this coming week will be her first time staying in the afternoons. The earliest that Lake Avenue Church School (where Elise is going) accepts kids is 18 months.
-Bry