Elise has such a sweet and sensitive spirit. Her favorite song right now is "Happy Birthday To You", which she learned from Angelica. She asks me to sing it daily and she loves it when I say her name and when we blow out the candles at the end. She calls the song "Happy to you" and since she has no idea what a birthday is, she probably thinks the song is about giving someone happiness.
Today, I decided to sing the song, but replace her name with "Mama". When I got to that part, she was so surprised and then started smiling while tearing up. I then sang it again and replaced it with "dada" and then all of our family members. She totally started crying while laughing. She made sure that we sang "Happy to you" to every single person she could name.
I tried it again tonight, but decided to sing it to Mickey Mouse ("Bao") and she burst into tears again. We then sang it to Elmo, Bobo (the monkey in the Hug book), and then all of our family and friends. Now she requests all the people that we should sing it to and makes sure not a single person, dog, or cartoon character is left out.
I wasn't able to get it on camera with her bursting into tears, but you can still see her sniffling and getting emotional. I would love to know what is going on in her brain. Elise has always been an extremely sensitive and tender girl and I just love that about her.
Omg were you crying too?!
ReplyDelete