Sunday, June 2, 2013
Sensitive Elise
This is a really simple book with only one word "hug". It is about a baby monkey who is searching for his mommy monkey. He sees all the other baby/mama animals giving each other hugs and so he gets sadder and sadder as he searches for his mom.
Bryant read this to Elise for the first time in a month or so, and when he got to the climax of the book, Elise burst out in tears and started wailing! She felt so sad for baby monkey! I read it to her yesterday and she cried again, clutching onto my shirt as she cried for the poor baby monkey. Once the mama monkey comes, Elise starts laughing in relief and she wants to read the book again.
I am really surprised that Elise can be so empathetic and sensitive at such a young age. I cry in virtually every sad book or movie so I think she must get it from her mama. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment