I (Margaret) put Elise to bed for the first time tonight in weeks. Bryant's been putting her down recently so that Elise can learn how to fall asleep without nursing. But since he's leaving for a conference tonight, it's now my turn. Anyway, I read her the picture Bible at her request, and I actually read the entire thing 3 times. It is a pretty long book for a kid's book, it being the bible and all. After the 3rd time, I decided we were done, and Elise threw a fit. She kept screaming "bah-bull!" over and over again! Elise rarely throws tantrums but I never thought that she would throw one because she wanted to read the bible for the 4th time.
Bry and I were trying to figure out why she loves the Bible so much and we think it's because each page is a completely different storyline, characters, and colors. She likes to point out all the major players in each story and tell us who they are.
Her will is definitely growing. We are now in toddler land! The last few times we took Elise to a restaurant has been a TOTAL disaster. She just can't sit still and wants to explore everything and say hi to everyone. I know that some kids seem to do fine in restaurants but Elise is definitely not one of them. I find myself feeling really exhausted after the end of the day because there is so much boundary-setting, negotiating, and hardcore playing that needs to be done all the time. Our upcoming Toronto trip should be very interesting.
we should just plan to pack picnic lunches and eat at parks instead then! i'd be down for that...wouldn't have to feel guilty about the trail of crumbs i leave everywhere i go in a restaurant
ReplyDelete