Sunday, January 6, 2013

first tantrum

Elise had her first mini-tantrum today. It was cute. At church nursery (Little Lambs), the kids get animal crackers for a snack. This is quite possibly Elise's favorite food. She is the most ravenous animal cracker eater. When she eats something she loves, she tries to stuff as many as possible in her mouth. Today, I was handing out the cookies, and after I gave her one, she immediately wanted more. I gave her one more, and when she demanded more and I said, no, she started crying loudly. I was so surprised that I just gave her another cookie. I really shouldn't have done that because I want her to know the meaning of NO. When she asked for yet another cookie, I sternly told her NO, and moved her away from the cookies and distracted her. Oh man, let the power struggles begin!

1 comment:

  1. uh oh sounds like she knows how to beat the system already!

    ReplyDelete