Sunday, January 20, 2013

Recent Developments

Elise is so old now.  She is definitely no longer a baby and is acting like a little kid more and more everyday.  Bryant and I are seriously blown away everyday.  Here are some recent developments:

- loves the song "row row row your boat" and keeps saying "rowrow" so that we'll sing the song over and over again
- Loves penne with tomato sauce.  She will inhale her plate and yell "duh!" (done) while signing "done" when she's full. 
- She can now point to her head, eyes, nose, mouth, ears, knees, and toes.
- We sleep trained and her and she is no longer waking around 10.  Now we're working on the 1 AM wake.  I'm sleeping on the living room couch and last night Bryant, in his delirium, called me to help because she was crying so hard.  This is going to be a hard one.
- She is getting eczema on her limbs again.  I think it's because I've been giving her meatballs with Romano cheese in it.  I hope it's not a reaction to another type of food.
- She is mimicking everything we do.  She will bring out Bryant's shoes and try to put her feet in it.  She tries to put her own shoes on.  She says "yeah" while "talking" on the phone.  She will get a napkin and mimic wiping a surface down.
- She loves playing with adults.  She will walk right up to strangers, smile at them, and then run away and then repeat this process over and over again.
- She can now sign for "night night", orange, and cracker.  I gave our animal crackers to a friend because Elise was getting too addicted and signing for crackers constantly.
- She is constantly smiling and giggling at everything new.

Of course I'm forgetting a bunch.  It's just amazing how much she's developed!

No comments:

Post a Comment