The funniest thing happened today that I want to document here before I forget. Background: Elise loves knocking down towers of blocks, cups, anything. If she sees a tower in the corner of her eye, she will start panting and crawling towards it as fast as her chubby thighs will take her. Once she knocks it down, she is totally elated and satisfied. It's cute.
Today, we went to Kidspace (3rd time in 1 week!) with Judy and the girls. The baby room has a ziggarut structure that Elise likes to climb. At the top of the ziggarut were two little kids putting a puzzle together. Elise started to frantically climb the ziggarut; I thought she just had some extra energy. And then the next thing I know, she totally destroys the puzzle the other kids put together. The way she did it made it looks like she was just desperate to mess it up, lunging forward with her outstretched arm at the very end. If I had known that, I would have preemptively stopped her, but I didn't know that her desire to destroy basically includes any neatly arranged objects. The other kids were a little sad but I could not help but crack up at what had just taken place.
Sometimes I, too, will experience a desire to mess up something that is perfectly arranged. I guess this is an instinctual desire that starts in infancy. Is it our inherent fallenness? Perhaps.
Inherent fallnness?? Whoa too deep.
ReplyDelete