Today was a special milestone because Elise smiled big for the first time when I took her to her babysitter, Angelica. She was excited and happy to see her. This makes me great relief because it means that I know she's happy to be there. It's still really hard for me to drop her off and seeing her when I pick her up is always the highlight of my day. I thank God everyday that I have a flexible enough schedule where she is with a babysitter for 24 hours a week and that my mom comes over on Thursdays. I can't imagine what life would be like if I had a normal full-time job where I would only get to really see her on the weekends. I'd probably just quit. Having this flexible schedule now means that I have to work really hard in the evenings and weekends, but it's totally worth it.
Here's a pic of Elise doing her new "thing"-- sticking her tongue out when she smiles. :P
AHHHHHHHHHH
ReplyDeletebahaha silly girl....she looks super tan!
ReplyDelete