On Sunday, I sent some of the photos to one of LA's top modeling agencies and Elise was accepted the next day! However, looking over all the paperwork, it seems like A LOT of work, mostly driving all around LA and waiting at auditions. Her agency is really great and all the babies are featured in ads by Gap, H&M, Old Navy, The Children's Place, and other major companies. It seems like a lot of these moms are stay at home and drive from San Diego and Orange County! I'm kind of bummed because I would love to see Elise in an ad or a commercial but I just don't know if I have the time to do it. They want you to have a full availability and to drive to a shoot on a moment's notice.
Speaking of a lack of time, I just accepted my 3rd part time job today. Am I crazy? Yes. I will be working with United Way and supervising a graduate student. Now why in the world would I accept another low-paying part-time job when I already feel like I am going crazy with juggling all my responsibilities? Well, it's connected to APU and I'm hoping it will improve my chances of getting a full-time job next year. Even though APU pays like half of what R1 universities pay (what nearly all my classmates end up doing), we just can't bear to leave LA and the roots that we've made here, not to mention the nice work-family balance that APU provides. I have a lot of dreams and goals for my future, but chief among them is being an active presence in my children's lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment