Monday, September 21, 2015

Sensitive Elise

Elise went to a birthday party on Sunday and there were several families there that we knew.  I came late and saw her on the playground equipment looking sad.  She came up to me and said, "Nobody will play with me."  I asked her what she meant and she said, "It's so weird, I know all the kids here.  I know Trinity, Kiara, Caselyn, Maddie, and Sophie but they won't play with me."  I saw that all those girls were busy playing and I think Elise really wanted to click with someone and "play together" but there were so many fun things going on (playground, water slide, petting zoo) that I don't think a lot of kids were playing together like the way that she is used to.  She definitely wasn't being excluded in any way but she still felt lonely.  I know it's not a big deal but as a mom, this breaks my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment