Sunday, July 13, 2014

Target and more girliness

I went to Target last night around Elise's bedtime so Bryant had to put her down.  Today, when I told her that I needed to go and that Dada would put her down, she said to me, "Mama!  Why do you go to Target everyday?!"

We watched the World Cup final today at the Liangs and Elise saw a VERY fancy flower girl dress out of the corner of her eye.  She begged to put it on and Judy said that it was probably too big but that she had a whole trunk full of princess dresses that Elise would probably prefer.  So when we went to investigate them, Elise was not interested AT ALL and still begged to wear the flower girl dress.  She kept on saying it was "like Lily's" and when I told her it was too big, she replied, "Lily's dress was too big, too!"  I was dying!

When she put it on, she was literally squealing in excitement.  And then she started talking about her wedding.  "Do you want to come to my wedding?"  "I'm going to have a wedding later and I'm going to be the flower girl"   "I'm going to wear this dress at my wedding".  I told Bry that we should probably start saving for her wedding now.  At this rate, she's going to want to go ALL OUT!

She wore it the whole time and was singing Frozen songs quietly to herself while prancing around the house.  She was in heaven.  So it looks like she has enough style discernment to know that these real dresses are better than cheaply made Disney ones.  When I got home, I went on Ebay and Craigslist to look for some cheap ostentatious flower girl dresses but couldn't find any quite like this at a decent price.  I'll probably have to make a trip Downtown where they have flower girl dress galore for cheap!


No comments:

Post a Comment