Sunday, September 29, 2013

Cuteness for the day

  • As Elise was falling asleep tonight, she was singing "Open, shut them" to herself and doing the hand motions.
  • Her favorite phrase is "No my turn" and needs to do everything herself
  • She is no longer frenemies with Kiara and now runs over to her and they start a silly gigglefest together.  So sweet to see her actually playing with other kids.
  • As soon as she wakes up, she asks for "peanut buh waffle".  She licks all of the peanut butter out of the waffle grooves and refuses to eat the waffle.  Drives Bryant crazy.
  • Her favorite activity consists of putting all of her stuffed animals to sleep with their individual "bankies" (blankets).  She does this over and over again with each stuffed animal because she has to get the blanket just right.
  • She loves anything birthday related.  When I asked her the other day if she wanted a hello kitty birthday cake, her eyes got really wide and she started screaming "yeah!"- as if it were the best idea in the universe.  Hello kitty + birthday + cake = win. 
  • Nana and Baba visited last week but Elise got sick on day 2.  She vomited for days and poor girl lost weight.  Several people (with no knowledge of her sickness) mentioned to me today at church that her face looked skinnier.  Seeing her throw up is hearbreaking.  She just repeated gags and cries.  I can't get the image out of my mind.  :(
  • She still likes school.  Thank God.  She still cries at life group and I usually have to retrieve her so that she is not taking up the babysitter's energy watching other kids
  • Still very much a mommy's girl.  I am still nursing and I really thought I'd be weaned by now.  I have too much on my plate right now to tackle weaning...will do it over winter break.
  • I have several friends who are pregnant with their 3rd.  Just thinking about it exhausts me.  I feel like I should really start thinking about #2 now that I'm 33, but I can't even fathom it.
  • But all in all, being a mom is much less exhausting than I had anticipated.  The first few months were rough, but things have been pretty smooth since then.  I am actually sleeping better as a mom because I have to force myself to sleep in order to have energy for her the following day.
  • I love Elise's strong personality.  She is definitely our child, hahaha.  She also has a great sense of humor and she knows it, too.

1 comment:

  1. I sleep better as a mom too. Well, better as in I am more responsible about sleeping but I still have a pretty fitful night of sleep every time because I sleep so light now. I think it is funny that you say the first few months were rough and it was smooth after that, because I never understood ppl with a 1 year old saying things were easier and they were ready for their 2nd, but now that he's 14 months I could see how people start feeling like it is easier. The rough times fade away. However I'm still feeling like i'm JUST out of the woods and so I see those "first few months" as being more like "first 9 months" of roughness haha. Maybe when Elliott's closer to 2 I'll start remembering it as just a "few" months too...otherwise I'll never want to do it over again!! ; )

    ReplyDelete