Deep Cove
hiking on Mt. Seymour
cheapest and biggest sashimi ever (toro)
tempura shrimp and sweet potatoes
salmon, tuna, and roll
Museum of Anthropology, University of British Columbia
University of British Columbia
Grouse Mountain
pulled pork poutine (fries, cheese curds, and gravy) and vegetable panini
bird show
turkey vulture?
I decided to try the Grouse Grind, a steep 2-hour climb up Grouse Mountain. I felt really good at the start!
Part of the trail had stairs and part consisted of climbing on rocks. It was definitely beautiful.
At one point, I got really tired, and I asked a guy how much further, thinking I must be at least halfway. He said, "You should be at the 1/4 mark within the next few minutes." Here is how I felt when I got there.
I was so tired when I got to the 1/2 marker that I forgot to take a picture. Here is the 3/4 marker.
The light at the end of the tunnel.
The aftermath.
Meanwhile, Elise was busy with other pursuits.
Margaret's green tea parfait.
Celebration of Light on English Bay. We went on Italy's night to present their fireworks show, set to music, and they ended up beating out Vietnam and Brazil to win this year's festival.
The home in Surrey where we were so graciously hosted. Beautiful place to spend a week!
No comments:
Post a Comment