We will attempt to be hip 21st-century parents and document our family life on this blog. Right now, I (Margaret) am 39 weeks pregnant and am more than ready to meet Elise! I joke that her ideal due date is December 19th since we actually have a pretty busy schedule up until then including: a Kanye West/Jay-Z concert, a job interview, several Christmas parties, a graduation party, meals with friends, an introduction to sewing class, and hosting our friend Lindsay from Wednesday to Saturday. But if Elise decides to come sooner, that's OK, too. We found out today that I am 2-3 cm dilated and 80% effaced. I've had some early labor signs so we are on alert!
We've been in nesting mode, cleaning and organizing our lives and preparing Elise's room. Here are some pics of the progress so far. I'm still waiting on a few items, including things I hope to learn how to make after taking the sewing class this Saturday. :)
I decided to go with a girly yet gender-neutral color theme. Thank you Auntie Sally for helping to make the pom-poms. It's very obvious which ones are hers (the perfect ones).
Elise's side of the room. The other half consists of Bryant's office and 2 mirrored closets. That's a foot massager you see under the chair, which I will use if I need to induce labor. And that's the La-Z boy chair that has been a lifesaver during acid-reflux filled nights.
A dresser/changing table we bought at the last minute from Ikea. As soon as I knew we were buying it, I hightailed it to Anthropologie to get some knobs, of course!
I'm in love with this Penguin Classics book collection. I always thought it would be perfect in a little girl's room and now I can actually make it happen!
It's a bird pirate! Also a sneak peek into Elise's bathroom. Thank you to Uncle Nic for helping us uninstall the sliding door so that she can take proper baths!
Now we just need a baby to complete the room!
I love all of the pictures and we can't wait for Elise to come. Thanks for the inside look :)
ReplyDeletelooks super cute! love it!
ReplyDeleteThe room is sooo cute!!! Congrats on Elise!!! I can't wait to baby pics!!:)
ReplyDelete